Note de ce sujet :
  • Moyenne : 0 (0 vote(s))
N360 Leaking Issues
I am guessing Nissan CVT fluid could do the trick... Oil is oil... they all take it from the same place and just change some ratios! (Trust me, I've been there often at work.. saving thousands of dollars using replacement Oil unstead of the OEM)
-
Si ça a déjà été fait, je peux le faire
Si ça n'a jamais été fait, donnez-moi juste le temps de trouver comment !

Répondre
Disappointingly after 80 miles there is traction fluid in the freewheel.Sad However there is not enough to say that the seal is definitely leaking. There's a bearing between the seal and freewheel that will still contain fluid. The final verdict on this will have to wait until I can do some more miles on the bike probably over the Christmas period.

As for traction fluid, I’ll add Nissan CVT fluid to my list, which currently includes this company that services a very similar transmission and Santotrac 50.
- Oran
Répondre
interresting link!

Did you clean the freewheel completely and regrease to make further testing?
-

Répondre
I was surprised just how similar the Cleveland Speed Variator is to Fallbrook’s design. The Milner CVT is another slightly different design that looks more robust. I think Fallbrook has some competition.

I cleaned and re-greased the freewheel and cleaned the area between the seal and the DS wheel bearing. The bearing however couldn’t be clean so this is where traction fluid may still be seeping from. I will know for certain after another couple of hundred miles. The freewheel will either fill up or it will remain the same.

I will also fit a new seal to the hub currently in the efficiency test rig. Once the efficiency testing is finished I could build a wheel around it and swap it for the 2012 hub I use on my bike at home. This means I can sort out the wheel bearing issue on that hub while also carrying out a more long-term test on the replacement seal.
- Oran
Répondre
Those CVTs have been on the market for decades... I worked on paper napkin printing units when I was 16. They were from the 70s and had CVTs to regulate the tension on the paper mechanicaly... nowadays, they use electronic motor drives... but they did not have that kind of technology 40 years ago!

The major difference in the fallbrook desing is the clamping pressure needed to lock... It is way lower because of the "one way bearing" desing they came up with.
-

Répondre
Check on the net.. I think they were Kopp Variators or something like that.... you will see, they are verry simmilar to Nuvinci
-

Répondre
Kopp variator was a useful search they suggest Shell Morlina S2 BL 10 is the only oil that should be used. The data sheets don’t say anything about it being a traction fluid. I assume these transmissions can be operated with normal oil that provides elastohydrodynamic lubrication if the clamping pressure is sufficient. Fallbrook said they increased the efficiency by reducing the clamping pressure. So I’m assuming that the oil has to provide sufficient traction with low clamping pressures.
All the transmission manufactures say only to use the right oil. The question is, how much truth is there in this?
- Oran
Répondre
Kopp variators use a special traction fluid... is it the same? no idea! The reduced clamping force of the Nuvinci is due to the fact that the contact area are on the top of the balls and the force is radial unstead of axial. This way, it is not necessary to load the thrust bearing like a freak to have enough pressure to ensure traction.

This link looks promising but I don't have time to read it completely... give it a look:
http://www.santolubes.com/products/santotrac/index.html
-

Répondre
We are both ending up in the same place, it’s a web page I also found. I think the Santotrac traction fluids are looking promising at the moment. First I might contact Jackson & Associates, Inc. and find out what they use in the Cleveland Speed Variators
- Oran
Répondre
I replaced the seal on my other leaking hub recently. 180 miles later and it’s still leaking about the same amount as it used to. I thought about flipping the seal over and installing it the wrong way like in the 2012 model. However I was concerned about the lip not lining up and ending up with a serious leak.

This is as far as I’m going with fixing leaks as there is no point when a hub has a life of only 2000 – 3000 miles. Both my hubs are probably losing about 5 – 10ml every 1000miles and they contained 100ml when new.
- Oran
Répondre

Atteindre :

Utilisateur(s) parcourant ce sujet : 1 visiteur(s)