Note de ce sujet :
  • Moyenne : 0 (0 vote(s))
N360 Leaking Issues
Just find the numbers and if you can, the brand and I will give you equivalents... (and tell you what those number mean at the same time!)

See, shaft seals are mostly all the same... Numbers can indicate type (pattern), tolerance, material and sometime size (otherwise you have to mesure it and they all come in nominal standard sizes)

This is an example:
[Image: w01331702998skf.jpg]

Using Interchange charts offered by all manufacturers, you can easily find all the specs and then an equivalent interchange with heavy-duty specs.

(BTW, the numbers are on the metalic ring, not the rubber part!)
-
Si ça a déjà été fait, je peux le faire
Si ça n`a jamais été fait, donnez-moi juste le temps de trouver comment !

Répondre
I’ve removed the seal from a leaking hub and on the underside are the numbers which appear to refer to the size. Here is a photo of it and this website shows the cross section shape of it.
[Image: q25h.jpg]

If you can find me a good replacement I have two leaking hubs that could be fixed.
- Oran
Répondre
and what might the numbers be please? (including dashes)

BTW your image does not work at the moment
-

Répondre
SC 25 35 4
When Photobucket decides to work you will be able to see it. The numbers are just spaced around the seal, no dashes.
- Oran
Répondre
The local NuVinci guy arranged with the European service centre to have the leaking hub examined, but instead, I got my wheel back with a new hub, abominably laced, I had to completely redo it. No comments whatsoever.
I tried to get some more info but little success. The last thing I was told was that the seals sometimes get damaged during assembly and that they are now greased instead of being assembled dry.
After a few hundred km's the new hub is still completely dry.
- FransS
Répondre
(2013-07-29, 17:55)Oran a écrit : SC 25 35 4
When Photobucket decides to work you will be able to see it. The numbers are just spaced around the seal, no dashes.

This oil seal is generic... It has only one lip wich is not by any means the best category of seal availiable... Check any reputable bearing shop and they will find you an exact match... SKF has them, Timken to per example. Just E-mail them if you are not familiar with their catalogs.

FransS, really sorry to ear that! My hub has about 1000km and it is still strong... the more I ride with it, the more I get to love it!
-

Répondre
Glad you reminded me of this topic while I’m on the mainland as I can visit a bearing and seal suppler on a local industrial estate. Hopefully I will be able to speak to someone knowledgeable and they can offer advice on upgrading.

I’m not having much luck with the European service centre either. I e-mailed them about my current hub as I noticed it has a loose bearing and have had no reply. I’ll wait and see what they say about it and then I might have a go at opening the hub.
- Oran
Répondre
I have successfully fitted a replacement seal in the leaking hub I’m currently using. Smile I applied some traction fluid and a little grease to the seals lip before installing just to be safe.

The local seal and bearing suppler was very helpful and had no difficulty locating a suitable replacement. It looks like a better quality seal and is made from harder rubber. It is also a tighter fit which is noticeable through the shifter as it is now harder to shift up then down.

I now have until Sunday, when I head home, to do as many miles as I can. Hopefully it will be a leak free hub when I check it again.
- Oran
Répondre
Where did you get the traction fluid?
-

Répondre
I just used a little bit from inside the hub to lubricate the seal. I haven’t topped up the traction fluid, it never lost very much and would have been supplied with 100ml. Fallbrook consider 80ml to be sufficient for the 2012 model.
It is one of my next challenges to find some replacement fluid. Traction fluid does wear out as the long chains of molecules break up.
- Oran
Répondre

Atteindre :

Utilisateur(s) parcourant ce sujet : 2 visiteur(s)